Sunday, April 21, 2013

Here be Dragons: International Reading Association Convention

Hi all,

Yesterday I headed down to San Antonio for the VERY FIRST EVER signing of Scorched. Well, Scorched ARCs that is, which are basically advanced copies of the book that are given out to teachers, librarians, bloggers, and booksellers to help get them excited about September's release. I signed about 50 books to some awesome teachers -- some of which have promised to let their students get a peek of the advanced copy. So hopefully YOUR teacher was amongst them! 

As you can see, the Sourcebooks booth was all decked out! 


And who got the VERY FIRST EVER signed Scorched ARC? Like ever in the world? Why the lovely, lovely Sylvia Bull, San Antonio educator and all around awesome reader girl. I met Sylvia up at the Fresh Fiction Readers and Ritas event a couple years back and if anyone deserves the honor of being first in line, she does! (Even if she cheated and showed up early for her copy! haha)

Here's me signing her book!


By the way - Sourcebooks did an Ah-Maz-Ing job on the ARCs themselves. They're so nice they could be actual books, sold in bookstores. Of course the real thing will be in hardcover. But other than that, you can hardly tell. 

NEXT STOP? Texas Library Association. I'll be there Weds, Thurs, and Friday. On Thursday I'll be signing at the Festivals of Texas booth - and will have Blood Coven and Gamer Girl books for sale. On Friday there will be a Scorched ARC giveaway at the Sourcebooks booth at 11am. (Come promptly - we ran out early at IRA!) On Friday night I'll be chatting with Texas teens at the TT4L event and giving out even MORE copies! 

Hope to see some of you there! 

  • Weds (24th) evening - Guys Read cocktail party
  • Thurs (25th) (12 noon) - Signing Blood Coven books at Festivals of Texas booth
  • Friday 26th (11 am) - Signing ARCs of Scorched at Sourcebooks Booth #1842

  • Friday 26th (5:30-8pm) TT4L Event at the Omni Hotel Ballroom 1-6 Level 2 (signing and reading)



MARI


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

Vashtiqvega43 said...

Hello! I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect! I'm a follower. When you visit my blog and if you enjoy the post, please "Like" and/or leave a comment. I will do the same for you. I appreciate the support.

Thank you,

Vashti

Unknown said...

just checked out your excerpt for "Love at 11" very interesting it appear to be different then all your other work that is posted here on your blog I look forward to reading more of your work

Mari Mancusi said...

Hi Debra,

Yes, Love at 11 is a different kind of story for me! I wrote it after becoming frustrated at my former day job in TV news! :) Thanks for stopping by the blog! I hope you enjoy the book!! :)

MARI