Friday, July 19, 2013

No, I am not at Comic Con...


The photo above was from San Diego Comic Con back in 2007(?) when I was promoting Dorchester's new Shomi line. (Oh, how things have changed!) It was an amazing, somewhat daunting adventure and I've always wanted to go back. I've since gone to the New York Comic Con several times and done the Chicago Comic Con and the Austin Comic Con, but really, the ultimate Comic Con--the real deal--is San Diego and I've sadly never gotten a chance to return. Perhaps next year, when I'm promoting the paperback version of Scorched and its hardcover sequel, Shattered, I will get a chance to go.

In the meantime, I'll sit here and weep as everyone else has all the funs!

If you're also sitting at home, missing the awesome, may I suggest a quick and funny read to pass the time and dry your tears? My novella, KARMA KITTY GOES TO COMIC CON is on Kindle for 99 cents. It was originally part of an anthology that Julie Kenner and Jade Lee and I did together called "These Boots Were Made for Stomping."

Comic book creator Hailey Hills has no idea what she's in for when she arrives at New York City's Comic Con for the first time. But when a pair of magical boots manages to turn her into a real life Karma Kitty--the superhero of her own design--she suddenly finds herself battling ninjas, pirates, and the guy who got away. 
You can one-click Karma Kitty here. :)

If you like the humor in my Blood Coven books, you'll probably like this one. Let's just say it revels in ridiculousness. Which, as you know, is my specialty. :) Well, that and cosplaying my characters. This is me as Karma Kitty, as described in the book... Check out those boots!



But hey, I can't be too sad... Dragon Con is around the corner. And way till you see the costumes I have cooked up for that!! 

xo
MARI

No comments: